Rachel's Marathon Blog

Tackling the first marathon...

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Taper madness...

SO MUCH ENERGY!!!! Last night I had trouble sleeping. I usually rely on running to wear me out a little bit, and with the reduced mileage, I'm bouncing off the walls. When I was a kid I would get so excited about my birthday I'd make myself sick. Calm... down..... Breathe...

My friend in whose honor I'm doing this race is having her bone marrow transplant this very weekend. How ironic that it's happening the same time as this race.

We got an email from our Team in Training coach with an article from Jeff Galloway on recovery. I was surprised-- after a marathon, for the long run he says you can run 8-12 miles the next weekend, 12-16 miles the weekend after, 8-12 after that, and then, 28 days later, if you wanted, 20-26 miles... Could a regular marathon be just another long run? I felt strangely excited when I read that... although I still don't even know what a marathon feels like or whether I'll enjoy it...

2 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Not long now, Rachel. Remain calm! :)

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Running Chick said...

You are going to kick some marathon butt this weekend!!

Good luck!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home