Rachel's Marathon Blog

Tackling the first marathon...

Monday, April 11, 2005

the culprit

Thanks for the replies to my last post... I am thinking that probably kickboxing with Carlos was the culprit behind the resurgence of IT Band syndrome. (I am paying the price for my transgressions...) Although fun, kickboxing seems to involve slightly jarring hip movements, in addition to the impact. Oh well-- I have to admit that two classes in a row does seem a little excessive. I'll go back to my one-hour fix of Power Abs tomorrow.

A houseguest who is staying with us right now wanted to go for a run this morning, so we went out for a thirty minute jog. She runs much slower than I do, but that's probably what I need at the moment, as I wore my IT-band support and didn't have any problems. I'll try to lay off running again until Wednesday, and also follow the advice of this month's Runner's World-- varying your terrain.

1 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Sorry that ITB is acting up again. Do you really think someone is punishing you for your unchaste thoughts about Carlos? :D

Rest, the support, and easing back into the mileage will help. Hope that bugger heals up quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home