Rachel's Marathon Blog

Tackling the first marathon...

Saturday, March 26, 2005

falling behind

I've fallen behind in my blog reading...

After having a great spring break, I seem to have fallen behind in everything. I've been overwhelmed with the amount of work I've had to do since I got back. In some ways, being a professor is great because my schedule is so flexible-- if I want to come home at 2:00 on an afternoon when I'm not teaching, I can, and if I want to go for a run at 9 in the morning, I can. But what people don't see is the many, many hours of labor that fall outside the 9-5 hours, and it is never a job you can just leave at the office. So it's been one of those weeks where I was up until eleven at night writing tests for students to take the next morning, catching up on the reading for the class I was to teach the next day, writing an evaluation of myself for my first year of teaching, preparing a conference paper, blah blah blah. This is to say nothing of how cranky this all makes me.

Not interesting. But I apologize for missing out on RBF updates, and I hope I can catch up soon...

I'm back to my lifelong running pattern of running 3 miles every other day, which my body seems to like, but which I'm not satisfied with, especially since marathon training had me feeling like a badass on my regular 12-mile jaunts. But there's been the nagging IT-band injury, which has gotten better since I decreased my mileage. I'm going to go for a long run tomorrow, and hopefully build up my endurance again. And one thing I did not neglect this week was Power Abs with Carlos. The class was on a Tuesday, but the abs were still aching on Friday, thus appealing to my more masochistic tendencies...

For those of you interested in food and cooking, I've restarted a food blog I kept for about two years. You can check it out here.

Hope to catch up with all of you soon...

4 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

You're a professor? Whoa. Did I know that? Not sure. How come everyone else in the RBF has a cool respectable job and I'm a bum. I could be a professor, too. I'd just need...uh....students and stuff. And I'd have to be able to teach. Other than that, I'm all set.

Don't sweat missing updates. Blogs are for fun, no need to make them social obligations. We all have busy lives. That's why they are in a blog and not on the phone, so we can read them when we have time.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger David said...

I hope your Sunday run is not too grueling (cater to the IT-band) yet tension bleeding; that your self evaluation was tough and honest yet promising and committed.

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I hope the run went well, too. The decrease in mileage has probably been helpful, so take it easy. Power Abs with Carlos sounds great (for more than one reason:)) Working on the core is good for the running, too.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Heh I fall behind all the time. Better to fall behind than on your behind :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home