Rachel's Marathon Blog

Tackling the first marathon...

Saturday, February 05, 2005

off to Tampa

I'm headed off to Tampa today to run tomorrow's Gasparilla half marathon. The 15 K is today. It's somewhat chilly right now but it should be sunny and in the 70s most of the weekend, which should be nice for our fellow Canadian RBF'ers who have come down to Florida to run some of the races.

This is my first race where I've actually traveled a few hours away AND stayed overnight just to run a race. My running partner and I are going together. To my family, this represents a whole new level of obsession. They may fear I will do this more often, leaving my poor husband to fend for himself in the house, a "running widower" (similar to a football widow?).

I am not that concerned about my time but would like it to be slightly better than the only other half marathon I've run, back in December. I've been carbo-loading, and I'm also hoping I don't gain back the difficult pounds I've been working to lose since the last marathon. Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger brent said...

good luck! run strong!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

You lucky duck! Good luck, Rachel! You'll do great!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger David said...

Rachel, you'll love the Gasparilla. It's so well organized, convenient and scenic. Have a great run!
I find the out of town races are VERY appealing. They can be habit forming, I am afraid :)

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger April Anne said...

Best of Luck! Have a great race!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home