Rachel's Marathon Blog

Tackling the first marathon...

Thursday, December 09, 2004

heavy legs no more

Strange... I went for a run today and felt great. No heaviness in the legs, no problems with the Achilles. Maybe I still hadn't quite recovered from the weekend as of yesterday, even though I gave it a few days. After my run today I did my achilles exercises and stretched carefully. This weekend is a recovery -- 12 miles-- and then our Team in Training coach is leading a stretching clinic.

I'm also eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Forerunner GPS... following the package tracking information in Amazon every few hours!

Christmas season eating has also begun... a holiday dinner for work two nights ago at a "family-style" Italian place, which meant huge, decadent portions of eggplant parmesan, lasagna, etc. I was careful but still felt stuffed. Last night we had guests for dinner and I made artichoke dip, horseradish-crusted beef tenderloin (a recipe from Cooking Light), potato gratin, and molten chocolate cakes. The gratin was a "gratin savoyard" with beef broth rather than cream, and I used lowfat sour cream in the artichoke dip, but still... stuffed again. Oh well. No problem as long as the few days before a long run are good in terms of nutrition...

1 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Good to hear, Rachel. And I think you'll really like the Forerunner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home